What Are the Signs That It’s Time To Change Your Tires?
Knowing how often to get your tires changed and where to go for professional tire care in important to your vehicle’s safety, performance, efficiency, and longevity. So before you drive another mile in Orange County find out if it’s time to change your tires with this guide from the certified Kia technicians at Kia of Cerritos, where we have plenty of service specials going on now.
When to Change Tires
How often to change tires depends on a number of different factors, depending on your make, model, and year, as well as the quality of tire you’ve had fitted to your wheels and the conditions your drive in. However, there are some signs to help you know when to change your tires, including:
- Penny Test – One of the easiest ways to know if it’s time to change your tires is to run the penny test. All you have to do is grab a penny, turn it upside down, and place it into the tread of each of your tires. If you can see the top of Abe Lincoln’s head, then it’s time to bring your car in for new tires.
- Bulges, Blisters, and Cracks – From cracks in the side wall to bulges and blisters throughout the tires’ surface, these are signs that your tires are weakening and should be replaced immediately.
- Mileage & Age – As stated above, tire life depends on a number of different factors, but in general most tires are made to last for somewhere around 50,000 miles. Even if they haven’t been driven that many miles, they should usually be replaced before 10 years.
- Vibration – Vibration when driving can be a sign of a number of issues in your car, but one of the most common reasons this symptom arises is that it’s time to get new tires.
Get Tire Change Service Near Los Angeles at Kia of Cerritos!
The team at the Kia of Cerritos service center have the tire changing tools and tire selection you’re looking for near Orange County. Schedule tire service online today and then come by our dealership at 18201 Studebaker Road in Cerritos, CA during our regular service hours:
- Monday – Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Check Out Our Blog for More Helpful Reads
Need more help troubleshooting auto maintenance problems? Check out our blog below for more helpful reads on everything from tires to Kia oil changes, to resetting a check engine light, to brake replacement intervals.
Lou Sobh Automotive | By Cammie Alkire Often times Memorial Day is regarded as the “start of summer” or the end to a very long year of classwork. It’s important to remember that Memorial Day means so much more to surviving military family members. According to the VA, Memorial Day and Veterans Day are often…
If you’re looking for a midsize SUV, the 2020 Kia Telluride has probably gotten on your radar and for good reason: everyone from your casual driver to your car experts has something they like about this vehicle. Check out just a few of the glowing Kia Telluride reviews, gathered here by Kia Cerritos. Contact Us Telluride…
There are so many reasons to love the 2020 Kia Soul— from its inherently unique design and impressive interior sound system for the Cerritos audiophile, to its vibrant exterior color options and its surprisingly efficient fuel economy. Curious about how the Kia Soul gas mileage stacks up against other crossovers? Read on below to discover…