What Are the Signs That It’s Time To Change Your Tires?
Knowing how often to get your tires changed and where to go for professional tire care in important to your vehicle’s safety, performance, efficiency, and longevity. So before you drive another mile in Orange County find out if it’s time to change your tires with this guide from the certified Kia technicians at Kia of Cerritos, where we have plenty of service specials going on now.
When to Change Tires
How often to change tires depends on a number of different factors, depending on your make, model, and year, as well as the quality of tire you’ve had fitted to your wheels and the conditions your drive in. However, there are some signs to help you know when to change your tires, including:
- Penny Test – One of the easiest ways to know if it’s time to change your tires is to run the penny test. All you have to do is grab a penny, turn it upside down, and place it into the tread of each of your tires. If you can see the top of Abe Lincoln’s head, then it’s time to bring your car in for new tires.
- Bulges, Blisters, and Cracks – From cracks in the side wall to bulges and blisters throughout the tires’ surface, these are signs that your tires are weakening and should be replaced immediately.
- Mileage & Age – As stated above, tire life depends on a number of different factors, but in general most tires are made to last for somewhere around 50,000 miles. Even if they haven’t been driven that many miles, they should usually be replaced before 10 years.
- Vibration – Vibration when driving can be a sign of a number of issues in your car, but one of the most common reasons this symptom arises is that it’s time to get new tires.
Get Tire Change Service Near Los Angeles at Kia of Cerritos!
The team at the Kia of Cerritos service center have the tire changing tools and tire selection you’re looking for near Orange County. Schedule tire service online today and then come by our dealership at 18201 Studebaker Road in Cerritos, CA during our regular service hours:
- Monday – Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Check Out Our Blog for More Helpful Reads
Need more help troubleshooting auto maintenance problems? Check out our blog below for more helpful reads:
In order to ensure your 2019 Kia Optima runs at its best from the time you leave the lot to the time you get your next vehicle, it’s important to follow the recommended Kia Optima maintenance schedule. The Kia maintenance schedule includes standard vehicle maintenance services like oil changes, tire rotations, and coolant flushes, but…
Since the 2020 Kia Telluride released earlier this year, Los Angeles and Carson drivers have shown high interest in this all-new Kia SUV. With the Kia Telluride, you’ll have access to impressive performance features, amazing tech, safety, and comfort features — all of which make the Kia Telluride feel like something truly special. But the question…
The 2020 Kia Soul is a crossover with plenty of interior space for your Los Angeles-area family, good fuel efficiency, and a range of safety features. In fact, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provided high Kia Soul safety ratings. Kia Soul Inventory Contact Us Insurance Institute…
The free online div table editor allows you to create and convert nice grids for your websites. Please subsribe for an HTMLG membership to stop adding promotional messages to the edited documents.