What Are the Signs That It’s Time To Change Your Tires?
Knowing how often to get your tires changed and where to go for professional tire care in important to your vehicle’s safety, performance, efficiency, and longevity. So before you drive another mile in Orange County find out if it’s time to change your tires with this guide from the certified Kia technicians at Kia of Cerritos, where we have plenty of service specials going on now.
When to Change Tires
How often to change tires depends on a number of different factors, depending on your make, model, and year, as well as the quality of tire you’ve had fitted to your wheels and the conditions your drive in. However, there are some signs to help you know when to change your tires, including:
- Penny Test – One of the easiest ways to know if it’s time to change your tires is to run the penny test. All you have to do is grab a penny, turn it upside down, and place it into the tread of each of your tires. If you can see the top of Abe Lincoln’s head, then it’s time to bring your car in for new tires.
- Bulges, Blisters, and Cracks – From cracks in the side wall to bulges and blisters throughout the tires’ surface, these are signs that your tires are weakening and should be replaced immediately.
- Mileage & Age – As stated above, tire life depends on a number of different factors, but in general most tires are made to last for somewhere around 50,000 miles. Even if they haven’t been driven that many miles, they should usually be replaced before 10 years.
- Vibration – Vibration when driving can be a sign of a number of issues in your car, but one of the most common reasons this symptom arises is that it’s time to get new tires.
Get Tire Change Service Near Los Angeles at Kia of Cerritos!
The team at the Kia of Cerritos service center have the tire changing tools and tire selection you’re looking for near Orange County. Schedule tire service online today and then come by our dealership at 18201 Studebaker Road in Cerritos, CA during our regular service hours:
- Monday – Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Check Out Our Blog for More Helpful Reads
Need more help troubleshooting auto maintenance problems? Check out our blog below for more helpful reads on everything from tires to Kia oil changes, to resetting a check engine light, to brake replacement intervals.
Drivers in the Cerritos area looking for an impressive crossover that provides plenty of great technology and versatility in a small SUV will love the 2021 Kia Seltos. Explore this comprehensive 2021 Kia Seltos features guide from Kia Cerritos, and when you’re ready to explore this fun-to-drive crossover in person, contact us to schedule a test drive. We’re…
The all-new 2021 Kia K5 has been designed to make your everyday drives through Los Angeles better than you could have imagined. Carefully engineered with a driver-oriented cockpit, a suite of advanced technology, turbocharged engine options, this sporty mid-sized sedan will help to completely transform your commutes both long and short. Our team at Kia Cerritos is…
Contact Us If you’re anything like most of our friends and neighbors in Los Angeles, then you need all of the electronic devices in your life to work together. It’s now easier than ever to sync a compatible iPhone with your vehicle’s UVO interface—and the advantages that this process offers are sure to impress. Find…