What Are the Signs That It’s Time To Change Your Tires?
Knowing how often to get your tires changed and where to go for professional tire care in important to your vehicle’s safety, performance, efficiency, and longevity. So before you drive another mile in Orange County find out if it’s time to change your tires with this guide from the certified Kia technicians at Kia of Cerritos, where we have plenty of service specials going on now.
When to Change Tires
How often to change tires depends on a number of different factors, depending on your make, model, and year, as well as the quality of tire you’ve had fitted to your wheels and the conditions your drive in. However, there are some signs to help you know when to change your tires, including:
- Penny Test – One of the easiest ways to know if it’s time to change your tires is to run the penny test. All you have to do is grab a penny, turn it upside down, and place it into the tread of each of your tires. If you can see the top of Abe Lincoln’s head, then it’s time to bring your car in for new tires.
- Bulges, Blisters, and Cracks – From cracks in the side wall to bulges and blisters throughout the tires’ surface, these are signs that your tires are weakening and should be replaced immediately.
- Mileage & Age – As stated above, tire life depends on a number of different factors, but in general most tires are made to last for somewhere around 50,000 miles. Even if they haven’t been driven that many miles, they should usually be replaced before 10 years.
- Vibration – Vibration when driving can be a sign of a number of issues in your car, but one of the most common reasons this symptom arises is that it’s time to get new tires.
Get Tire Change Service Near Los Angeles at Kia of Cerritos!
The team at the Kia of Cerritos service center have the tire changing tools and tire selection you’re looking for near Orange County. Schedule tire service online today and then come by our dealership at 18201 Studebaker Road in Cerritos, CA during our regular service hours:
- Monday – Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Check Out Our Blog for More Helpful Reads
Need more help troubleshooting auto maintenance problems? Check out our blog below for more helpful reads on everything from tires to Kia oil changes, to resetting a check engine light, to brake replacement intervals.
The 2023 Kia Forte is here—and it’s ready to bring you more style and substance than the previous 2022 model or any other vehicle on Los Angeles roads! You will be able to enjoy everything from a turbocharged 1.6L engine to advanced driver assistance features to the best-in-class Kia Warranty. Learn more about the Kia Forte…
The 2023 Kia Telluride release date is approaching in late 2022, so naturally, Los Angeles drivers will wonder what standard features and design upgrades you will be able to enjoy with the new vehicle. You will enjoy features, such as a new grille or upgraded vertical LED headlights. Below, we will take a look at what…
With the most efficient configuration, the new Kia K5 gas mileage can reach an powerful 29 mpg city/38 mpg highway with the turbocharged 1.6L 4-cylinder on the base LX trim. This is incredibly impressive especially considering how cost-effective the vehicles are. If you are wondering more about the Kia K5 gas mileage, be sure…