What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2020 Kia Soul is a crossover with plenty of interior space for your Los Angeles-area family, good fuel efficiency, and a range of safety features. In fact, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provided high Kia Soul safety ratings.
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
When it was reviewed by IIHS, the Kia Soul was named a Top Safety Pick, with experts testing the vehicle’s many components to see how it holds up in the event of a collision or accident. Drivers and passengers alike will surely have peace of mind getting around Carson or Los Angeles behind the wheel of the Soul after seeing these great safety ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
The 2020 Kia Soul was also put to the test by the NHTSA and was awarded the following crash test ratings:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Notable Kia Soul Safety Features
The incredible 2020 Kia Soul safety ratings would not be possible without the advanced suite of safety and driver assist features that you’ll have to stay alert and protected behind the wheel. Whether you need an extra pair of eyes when backing out of a parking space, or want to stay updated on traffic, these features are designed to help you be a safer and more efficient driver. Check out some of the available safety features you’ll find in the Kia Soul:
- Standard Airbags: The cabin keeps you protected with dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Parallel parking, driving in reverse, and leaving a parking spot are easier and safer with this standard feature.
- Available Driver Assist Features: The Soul is available with Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning System, a Forward Collision Warning System, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection.
Test Drive the Kia Soul at Kia Cerritos
Now that you know more about the safety features of the new Kia Soul, you can feel good about taking it for a test drive around Cerritos and putting it at the top of your list for your family’s next vehicle. You can even learn more about the Kia Soul in our Kia Soul Base vs. Plus comparison. Contact us with any questions about this crossover or the Kia Warranty before you stop by.