What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
The 2019 Kia Soul is a crossover with plenty of interior space for your Los Angeles-area family, good fuel efficiency, and a range of safety features. In fact, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provided high Kia Soul safety ratings.
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
The 2019 Kia Soul is an IIHS Top Safety Pick, making it a safe choice for your commutes to and from Carson or Carson. In specific areas, the Soul received these ratings:
- Small overlap front
- Driver Side: Good
- Passengers Side: Acceptable
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good (with certain trims/options)
- Child Seat Anchors (LATCH) Ease Of Use: Acceptable
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
The 2019 Kia Soul received these NHTSA crash test ratings:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Notable Kia Soul Safety Features
- Standard Airbags: The cabin keeps you protected with dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags.
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Parallel parking, driving in reverse, and leaving a parking spot are easier and safety with this standard feature.
- Available Driver Assist Features: The Soul is available with Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning System, a Forward Collision Warning System, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection.
Test Drive the Kia Soul at Kia Cerritos
Now that you know more about the safety features of the new Kia Soul, you can feel good about taking it for a test drive around Cerritos and putting it at the top of your list for your family’s next vehicle. Contact us with any questions about this crossover or the Kia Warranty before you stop by.