How Do I Change My Oil?
How often you change your oil depends on the make and model you own or lease, but most cars should have their oil changed around every three months or 3,000 miles. Use this guide from your Orange County area service center in Cerritos to help you change your own oil:
- Find out what kind of oil to use for your make, model, and year.
- Get together all of your tools (wrenches, filters, pan, oil pan, etc.)
- Let the car sit for a few minutes
- Raise the car with a jack to access underneath if necessary, making sure to put in safety stands
- Find the oil filter and drain plug
- Drain the old oil into a pan
- Tighten the drain plug
- Switch out the old oil filter
- Put new oil into the system
- Use the dipstick to check the oil level
Check out the Kia Cerritos Blog for More Fun Tips
Get help with other auto maintenance needs near Los Angeles at Kia Cerritos. Otherwise, you can always count on our certified technicians for all your auto maintenance procedures, from how to clean leather car seats and oil changes to any of our affordable service specials! Also be sure to learn more Kia oil change tips with our team, and learn about brake replacement intervals, Kia Soul MPGs, and Kia Soul colors as well.